Thursday, December 11, 2008

Portfolio:Final Exam

Frame II
------The writing process can become very difficult. When it does become difficult, I always say, "two heads are better then one". From experience, I learned that when you are stuck, don't just sit there, interact with your peers and create ideas together. If you share your writing with others, their feedback will only help you improve. I learned that peer discussions were made so that everybody's ideas were out in the open and something is learned at the end of the day.
------In the Optimism One, "Punk Power in the First-Year Writing Classroom", the writer explains how your peers can only help improve the writing process. It is expected that "the writing process can be greatly improved if students have a group of peers with whom they can share their writing". It does not hurt having a group of peers look at your writing. In fact, doing so gives great feedback and gives more ideas to make the process of writing easier. But, "if you are stuck writing or trying to figure something out, there is nothing better than finding one person, or more, to talk to"(Elbow 49). When you have no idea what else to write, elaborate with others and start the ball rolling again. The more people you talk to, the more feedback you will receive. Getting more feedback can only make the writing process stronger and efficient. The Optimism One's view of the writing process applies to many students.
------I for one has experienced the writer's view of writing. In my Writing 101 class, I learned that talking with others will help my writing become stronger. The first essay that I wrote in Writing 101 was based on Bacon's Rebellion. On this essay, I only shared my writing with one or two of my peers. After I received my paper, I realized that my paper could have been above standards if I shared my writing with more than two people. Then, when I wrote my second essay, I made sure that my writing was shared with a group of peers. Like Elbow says, " [a] [g]roup work not only privileges student-centered, democratic practices, but it highlights the interactive nature of creativity". While I was discussing the topic of the essay, I figured out a great way to write the essay. All in all, sharing the writing process with others is like killing two birds with one stone.
------Sharing the writing process with others will always help when you are suck. Bringing ideas together will make your writing stronger. Hearing more than just one voice can make an enormous difference. Interacting with your peers is what makes the writing process improve.

No comments: